Saturday, April 18, 2009

What a great day!

What a beautiful day! You couldn't have asked for a better morning for the first soccer practice/scrimmage - go figure I brought my camera but the battery was dead. Man, even when I try to be prepared, I'm still not. Connor was so excited about the game and had a blast. He went to a friend's house after the game. From Connor's game my mom and I went for a walk and met back up with Matt, the boys, and my dad at the Huskies baseball game. We headed home after the game and while the little two took a nap Matt and I got some stuff done around the house. Matt put the boys' wheelbarrow together that we bought them for Easter.


Funny side note. I originally bought the wheelbarrow to be from the Easter bunny. Well, I hid it in the garage and completely forgot about it. Lucky for me while Connor was helping me clean out the garage last week he found it and said, "Oh, cool, mom is that for us?". Well, it obviously couldn't be from the Easter bunny anymore.

When Connor got home from his play date he was so pumped to have the wheelbarrow. He was begging us for jobs. I told him he could move some leaves, branches, and corn husks that we had against the house to a pile in the back. As he was taking his third, or maybe fourth trip he said to Matt, "This is my first wheelbarrow job". Seriously - is it normal to be excited about working? Keep up the good work Connor! ;)

Matt and I went to the St. Mary's Auction last night. Megan came over to watch the boys. Again, she is so incredible and we are going to miss her next year when she goes off to college. The auction was a lot of fun. We got a couple of things. I beat out, actually maybe "pushed out of the way" a man for a very cool puzzle board for Connor, well all of the boys. We always run into issues with his hard puzzles taking up table space, or being left out and the younger two wrecking them. I was so excited about it. We also got a killer deal on a will with a lawyer. Not sure what to call it. We've never actually sat down with a lawyer and wrote out a will. When we both went to Germany I did one of those online ones just so that we had something in writing, you know, just in case. We've been wanting to do a will forever, and this was a perfect opportunity. The package includes a few things for the boys also. Might sound boring to some, but I was excited about our buys.

2 comments:

Just SO said...

That wheelbarrow is cool! My kids would be fighting over who got to use it. And I love that puzzle board. My husband and I need to do wills as well.

Jason, Dawn, Lane, and Kate said...

hey stacy, saw you at the auction, but from all the way across the gym and I wasn't going to try wave to get your attention. I didn't get anything, maybe next year.