Thursday, April 16, 2009

All about Jacob tonight.....

I picked the boys up from daycare today and Mary and I talked about how great Jacob was doing with the whole potty training thing....he is SOOO close to being completely there. Well, we get home and the boys are playing outside and Jacob comes and tells me he went poop. Great. So I ask him to go lay in the bathroom - I HATE changing dirty pull ups. We go with the off brand and whoever created them completely forgot about the velcro on the side so you can take it off and on like a diaper. UGH! Anyway....first, I find a trail of poop on the carpet as I was walking to the bathroom and second, I get in there and Jacob's crying about his shirt being all wet. I asked him how it got wet and he tells me, "I just went potty." What? Seriously?

Bathed, with a clean pull up and all, he was talking to Grandma on the phone tonight telling her that we were reading a book. I heard her ask him what the book was, and he puts the book to the phone to show her and says, "This one", as if she can see the book. (of course I had him pose for this picture)
He's obsessed with wearing his flip flops around the house lately and had them on tonight. I asked him to stop and stand still so I could take a picture of his sandals. As I'm pointing the camera down at his feet, he says to me, "CHEESE!". Good thing his toes gave me their best smiles. It's hard to take life seriously and get mad when you have things like this going on at your house! It makes it all better.

2 comments:

Lee Anne said...

Love this! He sounds like a funny kid! Would love to get the boys together sometime, I bet they would have a blast.

Just SO said...

I'm so glad I am done with potty training.

I love the phone and the saying cheese for the flip flop photo! Too cute.