Tuesday, March 25, 2008

"Egg"cellent weekend - corny I know, but I was struggling for a title

Hope everyone had a great Easter. We did! Friday night we started our Easter weekend off with supper with my family at my parent's house. We colored eggs, had an egg hunt, and watched basketball.





Saturday morning we headed to Eau Claire to see Matt's family, but first we met Papa John (Matt's dad) and Yaya at Govin's Meats and Berries (a lambing farm) in Menomonie, WI. What a fun place! We were thinking there would maybe be a few other families there, but when we got there we could hardly find a place to park and people were walking from down the road.

There were llamas, pigmy goats, dogs, cows and piglets. The baby lambs were adorable and the baby chicks were a huge hit with the boys. No matter what we would try to go see we would end up back at the chicks. Connor would just pick them up, turn them over, and giggle at their feet kicking.



The first time Jacob grabbed one I swear he almost popped the poor things' head off. He got better though and was so interested in the sound they made (picture of him listening).



We almost got to see a lamb being born. The farmer brought in a "just born lamb" from out back and was pushing the mama into the barn and said "this is what you are all here to see right - she's going to have another one". We waited for a little while, but the boys started to get antsy. I was preparing myself and waiting for questions from Connor about the whole process, but there weren't any - Whew! (When we were out for supper for Jacob's birthday we were talking to Aunt Kristin and Uncle Mattey about their baby - they are expecting and due in August -Yeah! Connor asked me how the baby comes out - to stall and give myself time to think about what to say I asked him what he thought. He got that "hmmmm" look on his face and then said "the ears? - they're holes, or the nose has holes". I could tell he was thinking about it though and how it doesn't really seem possible for them to come out of the ears or nose and was trying to think of other body parts that could work. I was about to say let's talk about this when we get home when the subject changed somehow and boy was I glad. The question hasn't come up again). We spent the day at Papa John and Yaya's and ate a delicious dinner there and then went to Nana's (Matt's mom, Barb) to play before bedtime. Sunday morning we had an egg hunt, went to church, and then to another delicious lunch.




It was very good to see everyone! When we got home the Easter bunny had come to our house so we had yet another egg hunt and a few presents.






Connor got the game Mouse Trap that he has wanted forever and I think we've played it 6 times already (which is not an easy task with a 2 year old and 1 year old trying to constantly grab at all of the pieces!) Connor says he loves the game because you get to "caughture" (mixture between capture and caught I guess) the people's mice!


Here are some pictures from the weekend worth a few laughs.

Again, notice Jacob's lovely "chs, wink, squint" in many of the pictures in this entry.


Connor wanted to put this picture of him in his new Spongebob pj's in here(or "Bumbob" according to Jacob). Carter, his older cousin, grew out of them and sent them to him. He loves them and wanted to say thank you to the Woods for all of the clothes.


Connor also wanted to share his clay creations with everyone. Though I know you can tell what each one of these lovely creative master pieces is I thought I would share just in case you have trouble! (tree with a monkey eating a banana, fooball, mouse, hamburger). How many did you get right?!


I am not sure what Jacob is doing in this picture -Matt took it, ask him to explain!


The joys of trying to get a good picture of little kids...here was our process
(and I didn't even put in about 4 of the pictures). I am always taking pictures and I'm sure everyone that is always around is annoyed at me saying "one more, one more try, oh that's not a very good one, one more, Connor keep smiling, Jakeyman, whoohoo......

No comments: