We always make a long day of it, no naps and all (well, until the ride home, then everyone is out like a light). Thursday worked the best for my mom and I was thinking I was smart and it would be a great day to go to stay away from huge crowds. Note to self and to everyone reading this: Thursday is the day they allow buses to come and drop off kids - as in FIELD TRIPS and matching colored shirts and matching name tags. It ended up being fine, but there were quite a few rug rats running around. Some of the kids get so pushy and rowdy. I'm embarrassed to say I got a little pushy back and protective of the boys when it came to other kids budding in line, taking things away, and running and pushing (not that Jacob didn't try to just barge his way up and over a few kids on the rope climb - but I would pull him off while he was screaming telling him to wait his turn at least!) It was still a fantastic day filled with lots of bubbles, water, grocery shopping, bus driving, Sesame Street, ant tunnels, animals, wall climbing, surfing, and even a few "chs, squint, wink" from Jacob (though notice that it now has turned into both eyes being closed!)
Connor and my mom went to go do something and I guess he had a booger on the end of his nose and my mom picked it off to put it in a kleenex. Connor asks her, "Grandma, how come it's ok for you guys to pick my nose, but I can't?" Fair enough I guess.......
Even though we were tired, Connor had enough energy to play a couple of games of Mouse Trap again. Is it possible to get sick of a game already in a week? I'll let you know. He told us that he loves the game Mouse Trap SO much and it loves him too. They love each other. Oh boy....
No comments:
Post a Comment