Wednesday, December 21, 2011

This week in review

I seem to not be able to keep up with posting these days.

 

Monday night, Jacob, Connor, Lucas and I went to watch Kelsey’s Christmas dance performance.  She is quite the performer and so in her element when she is in front of people.  I can’t wait to see what she has in store as she grows up.  Matt took Nolan to his speech session. 

101_3472_3470

SDC15045 

 

Tuesday Jacob and Nolan both had performances.

Jacob’s class did a play with the third graders.  He was a shepherd if you can’t tell.  I truly love that our kids can learn, talk about, and celebrate Christmas at school.  Again, Jacob amazed us.  He had a huge smile on his face the whole time and there was no sign of anxiety or shyness.  I’ll stop beating a dead horse with these comments of amazement I promise, we just can’t get over and are so happy with his growth and confidence.  Always something you wish for your child.  This happened to be during my library/computer time (which is only on Tuesdays so I really lucked out) so I was able to make it.

 101_3483_3459 copy

101_3480_3456 copy

 

Nolan had his Christmas concert in the afternoon.  I was able to make most of this because my students were heading to band and Spanish when it started.  I do actually teach I promise.  It just couldn’t have been a more perfect day for these two things to happen on. 

By the looks of this adorable and bright smile you would guess that he was enjoying himself and happy to be up there.

  101_3484_3460_edited-1 copy

The poor guy.  You could see it building in him.  He was trying so hard to be OK with being up in front of all of us.  Unfortunately his bells starting falling of of his stick and the crowd starting laughing because it was cute, and then bells starting falling off other sticks, and the crowd kept laughing.  That was when it began.  The next song came on and I don’t know if he forgot the words because he was looking at us, or what happened, but he started crying.  He was trying to hold it in and and rubbed his eyes.  Miss K.  grabbed him and had him sit on her lap for awhile.  She tried to persuade him to get back up there, but he just couldn’t do it.  He came and sat on my lap the rest of the time.  This was the only picture I got of him up there.  He made it through two songs.  Poor guy.  I was not concerned one bit and didn’t force him.  Seeing Jacob go through this same thing last year kind of helped me relax with it a little bit.  I felt bad for him though.  I do think his speech gives him a little anxiety because some of the kids and teacher can’t always understand him.  Oh well.   Next year!

 

 

He was all smiles after the singing though when he got to bring us his gift he made, we made a gingerbread house, and had some treats.

101_3485_3461_edited-1

101_3491_3467_edited-1 copy

The neat thing was that all the boys were able to leave class for a short time to watch the programs.  A cute story about Connor – when Nolan was sitting on my lap and decided to not go back up there, Connor came and whispered in my ear, “Mommy, if Nolan isn’t going to be up there singing can I go back to class?  I’m working on a really important project.”  This is so Connor…..how many kids would choose to go back to class?

Tonight all the ladies met up to have our nails done before the Holiday.  What fun.  We’re ready for Christmas.

No comments: