and in our case I’m assuming not the last.
I’m actually surprised and happy (sad as that sounds) that this is our first….with having 4 boys and all in 7 years).
Corner of foot board leg……
...meet Jacob’s forehead.
Yes….we had our first set of stitches put in Thursday night. I was just about to call the boys to come sit for dinner and I hear Jacob screaming and crying and Matt saying “Oh gosh Jacob…I’m so sorry buddy…..oh Jacob…..”, and then see him carrying Jacob with his hand over his eye with blood everywhere. He puts him on the counter….and I take a look. He had a gash right above his left eyebrow. The boys of the house (yes, all 5 of them…biggest included) were playing around getting maybe a “little” crazy, but not out of the ordinary for our house and Jacob ended up hitting the corner of the bed foot board.
I calmly cleaned him up, by now Jacob was a little calmer too, (kept asking if it was going to hurt going to the doctor’s though) and we headed out the door to Urgent Care. We got there and were told it was a 45 minute wait, but they would talk to a nurse to see what they could do. After a couple minutes of waiting the nurse came and got us. Unfortunately, we weren’t actually able to be seen because protocol is to stay in order of first come first serve (which I totally understand), but she wanted to take a look to see what she could do to help out with the wait. She gave us a new ice pack and band aid and we went back out to sit down. Jacob was a ROCKSTAR trooper. We sat out there and read books and played I Spy….until we were finally called back. The doctor took a look and said it was too deep (cut through right to the skull), too close to the eyebrow, and too jagged of a cut to just use the glue and he would have to have stitches. He also opted to use the topical numbing stuff instead of a shot (THANK YOU!), however we then had to wait another 25 minutes for that to settle in. SO….we read some more books and played some more I Spy while I put pressure on the cotton ball and gauze (wish they could have given us that to do while we waited out in the waiting room). As you can see Jacob was in good spirits though…..
All in all he had 4 stitches put in with glue put on the ends of the cut. Jacob said it only hurt “a little bit when he was sewing my cut”. It was way past bedtime by the time we got home, in fact we were there passed closing time and Jacob hadn’t eaten yet. We got home to a quiet house of sleeping boys and found cards from Nolan and Connor waiting for Jacob. He ate Mac n Cheese while he took his bath and went right to bed.
I was so impressed with how you handled it all Jacob. Way to go bud!
1 comment:
Poor Jacob! It's amazing how that corner can find the eyebrow! Lucky he has a patient Mom! He'll be tearing around with Dad again, before you know it. ha ha.
Post a Comment