Friday, April 23, 2010

Those darn females...

We've been taping and watching the series Life on the Discovery channel. Anybody else watch these? They're pretty amazing and all about the diversity, survival, and behavior of animals and plants. Well, they sometimes talk about and show the living things mating. They don't go into detail and are very appropriate. I'm not sure what Connor actually understands, I should probably talk to him about it. He hasn't asked though, so I thought I'd let him stay innocent for a little while longer. This morning we were watching a little bit of one on Deep Ocean Creatures and it was talking about some creature mating. Connor looks at me and says, "Hmm.....Mommy, you know what's funny? When animals get married (his version and understanding of "mating" and "reproducing") the female is always in charge and the males always fight over the females". Funny how he picked up on this.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up Connor. Reality! ;)

No comments: