I forgot to mention that last Thursday Matt and I went to our first Wild game at the Xcel Energy Center. It was actually Matt's first time at the place. I have been there before for other things, but never a Wild game. Matt and I both love sports in general, but we are not big hockey fans. We've heard great things about the Wild games, so we were excited when we got the tickets. We ate at a really good Irish Pub on 7th and then headed to the game. The Wild lost, and did not play well at all. I hate to say it, but both of us said the experience was just OK. They take too many breaks for commercials. I know it's also because we are not big hockey fans. The arena itself is fun and a great atmosphere. Are we glad we did it? Sure - now we can say we have been to a game. Will we do it again? Not sure. ;) We could probably be persuaded if we went with other people. It was a nice night out for us though.
Today was Connor's first day of all day Kindergarten! He was so pumped, especially about having gym class now and lunch. It was a perfect first lunch for him - corn dogs! We decided to go to Godfather's Pizza to celebrate. Connor had a certificate for a free personal pizza for reading the month of October. While we ate we heard all about his great day. He had gym, library, computer time, rest time, lunch. They had to journal about their favorite part of the day and Connor started laughing when he told us his favorite part was rest time. "I'm serious, mom!", he said. I guess he was really tired. He even rides the same bus as some other kids from daycare. He liked that. He's so pumped about it all! He even has the same gym teacher that I had. He thought that was pretty cool.
1 comment:
I so agree with you about Wild games. We have been to one, and I don't think that arena is good for hockey....it's steep and the rink is small. Even midway up you feel like you have crappy seats....the players are so far away. I hate the fighting too. I know people go just for that, but I really don't like it.
Connor sounds like he needed all day Kindergarten about a year ago! He's so grown up and it's so fun to hear how excited he is about school!
Post a Comment