
I have to give my dad a hard time because he balks every time I mention that he's a Veteran. He says he's not because he didn't actually fight in a war. However he was stationed in places during them. If you remember my entries during my Germany trip it was cool that I got to be in Stuttgart where he was stationed. He mentioned the other night that he was also stationed at Fort Hood where that awful tragedy took place. Even the people at our program today said a Veteran is anyone who has served - so there dad. You're wrong! ;) You are considered a Veteran!
We said the Pledge of Allegiance at the beginning of the program and it brought a smile to my face because just Monday night after I tucked the boys in to bed, Jacob came out about 15 minutes later. He had this big smile on his face, which made it hard to be upset with him! He said to me, "Mommy, I know the Pledge of Allegiance!". Obviously not that clearly. We struggle with Jacob's speech some yet (as you will see below), so it took me awhile to figure out what he said. He recited it right then and there. It was awesome. He was so proud, and so was I! He told me that Mary, our daycare provider, has them say it before they do school every morning and they get to take turns holding the flag. How cool! I had to get it on tape. Hope this can put a smile on your face also (don't forget to pause the music)!
Thank you to all those that have served and are serving our country, so that we have the freedoms we have.
1 comment:
He's such a cutie! I loved the video. I have no idea how to do that. It's fun to see his personality...that's one thing a blog can't show with just words.
We are so lucky to have such a great program at school to honor our Vets. Always fun to see.
Post a Comment