Sunday, November 8, 2009

Scrapbooking and Creative brotherly play

I enjoy scrap booking, but never can find the time. Like I've mentioned before I am behind on Jacob and Nolan's baby/1st year books. I had Connor's done month by month as he was growing up. He even has two of them - another one I did up to the age of 3. Poor guy though - I look at what I did for him and it is nothing like what I now do or have the materials to do in Jacob and Nolan's books. I wouldn't call Connor's much of a scrapbook, but it is a good first year/baby book. I kept track of everything for him, whereas I was lucky if I got a few things down for the other two. It's funny how it all goes!

When you add another child into the mix and yet another.....there is not much time. The younger two are only going to get a first year book. Sorry guys. I will still take pictures of everything and everyone like I love to, however the blog is going to be my scrapbook from now on (which is funny because I forgot my camera - Melissa even made a joke that she for sure figured I would have my camera). I will still try to do a family one every year with birthdays, trips, holidays, but other than that there is NO WAY possible with 4 kids to keep up with one for all of them for every year. I just can not do it.

Anywho, my friend Melissa (who is an incredible scrapper - wow!) mentioned a crop party that was happening in town here for the weekend. We worked from 10:00am-11:30pm on Saturday and 10:00am -3:00pm on Sunday. Melissa and I took a class to make and put together portfolios for our kids' papers, that took about 2-1/2 hours. They are adorable. I made 3 of them, one for each of the boys' Kindergarten year (and after we know whether the baby is a girl or a boy I will order another kit).




My goal was to get Jacob's book all done and start Nolan's, but that was wishful thinking. Jacob was born in March and I got up through November done in his book. Not too bad. The great thing about the weekend, besides the great company and that it really was fun, I am now motivated again to get my behind in gear and finish them! Here are some of my favorites.





During October, before Halloween, Connor came up with a game of tag that he called Connorstein (or if Jacob was it - Jacobstein, Daddystein, etc...you get the picture)! This weekend while I was gone, they were playing it, and Connor stopped for a moment and said, "Wait a minute. Halloween is over".
So....he came up with a new game. They now play the Baker and the Turkeys. Whoever is the baker is it and tries to get the other boys, or I should say turkeys. When he gets them he throws them in the oven to bake. Too funny!!!

No comments: