Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's day!
Here is daddy and his boys! What a good looking foursome they are.
The boys are so lucky to have such a great daddy. I love watching them play and be silly together. My favorite thing is to hear them laughing together. I often tell people I have four boys. Though many times I say it sarcastically to people as though it's a bad thing, I love the fact that Matt can have fun with the boys. He also is so good with talking things through with them, especially Connor right now because he actually understands stuff. If our boys turn out like their daddy they will be very lucky. It sometimes gets hard with Matt working as much as he does, but I know it's only because he wants to provide for us and do a great job. It has to be hard having both places demanding time of him, the home and his job. I know his first choice would be his home and family, sometimes you just have to do what you have to do though. We appreciate all that he does for us. It's because of his job that I could always take such a long amount of time off for all three of my maternity leaves and that I don't have to do anything for the summer and can be home with the boys the whole time. Yet, we can have a comfortable life. Happy Father's day daddy, we love you!
Matt's one request was that all of the boys put on Packer shirts and take a picture with him. Connor was in tears over it and made daddy promise that on Connor's birthday he would wear a Vikings shirt. I wasn't overly excited about this request myself. Connor took his shirt off right after the picture, but I gave in and let the other two keep theirs on for Matt. They don't know any better yet. Matt is working very hard on turning them in to Packer fans. ;)

Happy Father's day also to my dad and Matt's dad, John.

John, thank you for the wonderful son that now is the father of our sons.

I am very fortunate and spoiled living in the same town as my parents and if I didn't - I know I would be on the phone with them ALL the time. I already am now and we live in the same town. I still call my dad for recommendations, help, answers when it comes to directions, the weather, and just common every day questions. He has always been there to help us with many things with the house, he's a great grandpa with the boys, and he still gives us his recommendations for things but always ends it with you do what you want, but that's what I think. I love it! ;) He still looks out for us I wouldn't want it any other way. Happy Father's day dad, I love you.
It's my brother Mattey's first Father's day today and it is so awesome watching him be a father. He is such a great one, Kelsey is one lucky girl. Happy Father's day Mattey.

We went over to mom and dad's for a grill out this afternoon. Bummer it was raining, oh well, we still had fun.Kelsey's getting good at getting right into what the boys are doing. That a girl!

Nolan wanted Grandma to dress him up, so she did. It brought back memories of when we were kids. Poor Natey still probably has nightmares about all of the dressing up my cousins and I did with him. I think it was with some of the same stuff even.

We had absolutely no plans yesterday for once. Both Matt and I commented on how weird it felt to have no where that we had to go or nothing that we had to do. We literally did whatever we wanted. We had a great time outside all day! I don't know who had more fun in the pool, Matt or the boys. Cannon ball!!!!!!!!!!!!

Playing Whack-A-Mole, daddy was the mole!

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: