So Jacob had swimming lessons again tonight. We tried a few "interventions" if you may, to improve on things from last time. He came to Connor's swimming lessons with me last Saturday to watch the "big boys and girls", we've been talking about swimming and baths and oh boy how fun it is, and we tried eating something before his lessons tonight (they're at 5:30 and thought that maybe last time he just needed some fuel in him). I was worried that he wouldn't even want to put on his swimming trunks at Mary's, but he was fine with that. We get to the pool and he's in a great mood, saying hi to everyone and watching the group before him. Connor, Nolan, and I go around the corner to watch through the window and I hear "Nooooo", "Noooo", and more "Noooo" coming from the hallway. I walk back around the corner and the other parents and kids are smiling and laughing because here's Jacob walking up the stairs in his swimming trunks in the opposite direction of the pool telling Matt "Noooooooo...". When it was time to go in Matt scooped him up and walked into the pool area. He started crying right away and Matt didn't even try to go in the pool. They came out of the pool area and Jacob comes running up to me to give me a big hug. We start talking to him trying to get him to go back in and he starts with his Noooo again. I wish I had a video tape of him saying no, because it's hilarious how he's saying it. He says it like a parent would say it to a child when asked to do or get something more than once. He cuts us off during our sentence and the No drags on. We would hardly get our sentence out - "Jakey, should we go ......Noooooo.....swimming in the pool?". "Jakey, watch them, they're getting their....Nooooooooooo...hair wet, and their belly's.......Noooooo......wet". He's not throwing a fit really, he's stubbornly as calm as can be if that makes any sense. That's kind of what makes it so funny. That and the fact that this is the Jacob that has no fear or inhibitions, and loves to push the limits. We decided to just leave. We have now struck out two times. Not sure if there will be a third, again, I will keep you posted.
We are taking the MCA's next week in school and we're trying to do whatever we can to get the students motivated and pumped up for them. We're trying to let them know that we're all about their success and cheering for them to do well. We decided on the theme "Rockin' with the MCA's" for the week and have had some activities going on - we've played 50's music at the end of every day this week, we're having a Sock Hop tomorrow, and on Monday we're getting up in front of them and singing the song "Don't Worry, Test Happy" to the the tune of "Don't Worry, Be Happy". We all have shirts that say that with a big yellow smiley face on them. Hey, whatever works! Anyways, I was trying to get an outfit ready for tomorrow to wear for the 50's theme and get some music for the Sock Hop. As Nate was helping me make a CD I was just thinking about how many of the kids don't even know what the music or what that time period was like? We had to talk about it in my class as to what they could wear for dress up day. It'll be interesting to see what the music will be like when Connor, Jacob, and Nolan (and all of your kids) get to be that age....they'll really have no clue about any of the great music from the 50's - 70's (not that I have any actual experience with it either and I know I'm not that old, but my brothers and I grew up with it with mom and dad).
1 comment:
Stacey- I read in the paper about "Don't worry, Test Happy", and thought that would make a good video post!
Post a Comment