Monday, March 17, 2008

Splashing Weekend

Nolan had his first real haircut Friday night. I've been trimming things here and there with the scissors, but I finally gave in and took him in to have it done. I want to start doing it myself for all of the boys, but just have to buy some trimmers.



Matt had his state basketball tournament in Buffalo this weekend. The team didn't do so well on Saturday, but won their game on Sunday. Not every team gets to end their season with a win, so that was nice. Basketball is now over. Matt had a good group of boys again this year.



We stayed at the Grand Rios hotel and had a blast. Nolan stayed with grandma and grandpa because I have a hard enough time keeping Connor and Jacob occupied at the basketball games. It ended up being a good thing he stayed with them because he was sick for them all weekend with the flu. We had a blast at the hotel (we've heard about the place, but never been there before) the boys loved the water park and Matt and I even were able to go down some of the big slides.

It has an indoor waterpark with a huge jungle gym with slides for the kids, big water slides, and a lazy river type of thing.
It also had a regular pool and hot tub and a huge playground like the McDonald's playroom.
A few memorable moments: Jacob was crazy at the water park and wanted to go down the blue slide that you see in the picture by himself. We finally gave in because he was having such a fit about it. Matt went to the bottom of it and I let him go at the top. He went flying down it flipping over and ending up being head first at the bottom and went majorly under water. Matt grabbed him and Jacob shook his head off, wiped his eyes, and gave a deep hearty laugh. He is a maniac. We had to hold him to keep him from going down it by himself and we had to bribe Connor to do it by himself with the hot tub. It's funny how different they can be. We were giving the boys a bath after swimming and Matt was asking me where I put the soap. I told him on the toilet top and Connor says to him "Right there you dufas". I had to leave the room because I was laughing. Matt got upset with him (and rightly so) because he shouldn't be saying that. However, Connor didn't have a clue that it wasn't a very nice thing because Matt and I say it sometimes to eachother when we're joking as in "you dork!". Connor also told me in reply to something I was saying to him -"Mom, it's not the end of the world" (He was right too....). Jacob's new thing is when he is having his picture taken he says "chs" and winks with this funny squint (see the pictures of him in this blog especially the one with him in the playground under the yellow pyramid). I have no idea where he got that from. What a great weekend! We were all exhausted when we got home last night though.

No comments: