There are days when I go crazy listening to the fighting, whining, crying, yelling, tattling, chasing…but for the most part these four boys really love each other.
When Connor has saved up enough points at school to shop from their treasure box he ALWAYS buys things for his younger brothers.
Nolan’s teacher just told me the other day that he is ALWAYS praying for his brothers whether it’s so they feel better, so some type of injury or pain gets better….
Jacob went to the library today with his class and they got to check out two books. What did he decide to check out? A book for Nolan on super heroes and a chapter book for Connor.
And Lucas is so cute…when one of them gets hurt or is crying, he ALWAYS goes up to them, gives them a hug, and asks them if they are “otay??” . Whether they really are OK or not, him doing that always makes them better.
These are the things that melt my heart and help me know that they are going to be the best of friends and look out for each other, even with the fighting, annoying, and pushing of buttons they do with each other. ;)
Couple random stories about these brothers from the last month or so:
Connor asked me if Santa was real a little while ago. He said he was wondering about it because when we got home from Eau Claire (which was the day after Christmas) I got out the camera and Matt got the video camera out as the boys were walking into the house. He said it was like we knew he had been there. I told him of course we knew he was there, he’s magical and we knew he came on Christmas Eve whether we were at our house or not. Then I tried to play it off on how crazy he knows I am about taking pictures of everything, so I wanted to be sure I caught the moment if there were presents there from Santa. Not sure if I dodged a bullet there or not, but he at least seemed satisfied with my answer.
For some reason Nolan asked me about Santa being real the other day also. Not sure what brought that on. He was much easier to convince. I just had to tell him of course and he was good with that. They’re keeping this mama on her toes.
Jacob and Connor weighed themselves and we found out that Connor is ONLY 4 lbs heavier than Jacob. Jacob is pretty excited and doing whatever he can to catch up to Connor. He wants to check their weight ever day almost. One morning Connor had 4 donuts (I know, not very healthy) and they got home and Connor wanted to weigh himself. He was relieved that he was still heavier, but bummed that it wasn’t by more because of what he ate. Jacob one day kept asking for water. He refilled his glass constantly and he finally asked me, “Mommy, do you know why I’m drinking so much water? Because your body is made up of a lot of water and I’ll weigh more than Connor.”
Nolan and I had an interesting conversation while he was taking a bath one night. He asked me if I knew what your nuts are? Yep. Seriously, your nuts. He told me that his friend in school told him that they are (as he is squeezing his so called nuts) the puffy cheeks down there. I had to hold my explosion of laughter in. I asked him how he knew what his friend was talking about and he told me that he just knew that “these” (again squeezing them) were his puffy cheeks. This same night he also asked me what your waist and boobies are. He also told me that the reason boys put the seat up when they go potty is so they don’t get potty on the seat. If people would sit on the seat with potty on it they would get germs on their butt. Still yet this same night he asked me if young people die and he said how sad it would be if everyone in his class got sick.
Noleyman, life is never boring with you around, or easy to be honest. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment