Friday, October 14, 2011

SYTYCD

Natey and Diane gave mom and I tickets to So You Think You Can Dance in the cities. I love watching this show on TV. My favorite dancer of all seasons , Melanie, won this year so I was excited to see her.


101_2790_2782 copy



101_2792_2784



This was my favorite couple, Marko and Melanie, doing one of my favorite dances from the show.


101_2793_2785 copy



101_2795_2787 copy


Thanks for the tickets Natey and Diane, great seats. Mom, thanks for the fun night. Lots of good laughs and good company. ;)



Few things from the week:


Lucas decided he wasn't colorful enough. Thankfully it was just on him and was easy to get out/off.


101_2785_2788 copy101_2786_2789 copy



I was snuggling with Nolan one night and we were talking about stuff. I started telling him how proud I was of him being so happy that night (Matt started talking about goals with Jacob and Nolan....Nolan's goal is to be happy and Jacob's is to be a good listener). Nolan tends to get to get upset really quickly, sometimes explodes......however I would too if I was the youngest of three brothers always fighting for attention and to get a word in. Anywho.....I told him how he did such a great job being happy that night, he was in such a great mood.... he said "Thanks". I said, "What should mommy's goal be?"....totally put myself up for that one. He hesitated for a moment as if he was thinking real hard......"To not yell....". I couldn't keep my laugh in. Guess I've been yelling a lot lately huh? Kind of smacks ya in the face. I told him that is a great goal for me, and I will work on it. I also asked him though why mommy yells and he told me because they don't listen. I said, "Yep....mommy doesn't yell very often the first couple of times I ask you to do something or tell you something....but when I have to do it 5 times, then I start to yell." He nodded and smiled. I told him I would make a deal....I will work on yelling....if you work on listening the first time. We shook on it.


I had to laugh because he also said daddy's goal was to not yell and Connor's goal was to not cry (Connor's been a little sensitive lately...getting teary eyed when things aren't going his way). At least I know Nolan understands the concept of goals. He was right on for all of us. He is going Check Spellingto be too smart for his own good.

No comments: