We have a lot of new and big boyish things going on at our house. ;) Look who has joined the rest of us at the big table? And is so proud of himself.
The kid doesn't miss a beat. He watches and observes so closely then does it himself. This could be good and bad I'm thinking.
My favorite....praying.
Monday evening we had our "Back to School" dinner with the main course of choice being steak of course. ;) I tell ya, these boys are going to be expensive. We couldn't go without the "boy wine", as Jacob calls it. Here's to a great first week of school.
Tuesday was the first day of school. Jacob and Nolan had an interesting schedule this week only going two days and one of the days only having half their class with them. So Tuesday only Connor and Nolan had school. Connor was up the night before worrying his little heart away. He was in tears and so nervous (or as he put it 51% nervous and 49% excited!) about the unknowns of the day. I feel so blessed that I now get to take them to school the first day(more on that later). Nolan was so pumped.
Connor felt a little better in the morning. Here is his new smile with one less tooth that he lost last week.
I couldn't have asked for better smiles. This picture turned out perfect (OK...I'm a little biased!)
Wednesday was then Jacob's first day. He was so excited also. He has come so far.....there was absolutely no bit of anxiety. It was wonderful and we were so proud of him. I touched base with his teacher after school and she said he did great...was very happy, expressive, and polite. Gotta love hearing that. I was happy to hear the bus ride to daycare went fine also. He is growing into such a little man. So fun.
It is crazy having 3 of the boys in school. Feels strange.
I miss my old school and the wonderful people I worked with because I had it good and loved it there. However, I truly feel like I am now where I am supposed to be right now. I get to do two things I love very much....be a mom more and teach. It is unbelievable being able to take the boys to school and see them during the day. There is nothing better. I work with wonderful people as well, who have been so helpful with the transition. I also love that I get to have the faith piece in my day. Working with great people at a great place, being able to share my faith, and being where my boys are.......life is good.
Just had to end with some cute pictures of Lucas, since he is the only one not in school. ;) He seems to grow and change daily. I wish I could slow life down.
1 comment:
What handsome boys! My goodness they grew up this summer. It is amazing how fast they grow up! I am glad that school went well for them. I miss seeing you everyday. I am glad that you are doing well.
Post a Comment