Sunday, November 29, 2009

Visitors and Christmas tree

Nana and Grandma Doreen came to visit today. It was a great visit. Thanks for making the trip ladies.
After they left this afternoon we decorated the tree and listened to Christmas music. The boys really got into it. They all wanted a turn with following daddy around the tree with the string of lights. He had to lift them up many times to put the ornaments on the top of the tree and Connor had to stand on his shoulders to put the angel on. I'm pretty traditional and old fashioned when it comes to the holidays and love putting up our family ornaments still. There are some beautiful trees out there that focus on a color and a theme, but I figure I'll have plenty of time to do that when the kids are grown up. Right now I like them to have their ornaments and be able to put them up, along with all of our family ones. Matt and I try to get an ornament from every place we visit, we get ornaments as gifts (one of my favorites is a wine bottle! Matt also got one engraved for me when he proposed!), and we have some of our ornaments from when we were kids. I love snuggling on the couch with a warm blanket, lights off (or on), and the glow of the Christmas tree lights shining. Nolan concentratingJacob found the "perfect" spot as he would say after every ornament he hung up.... Connor kissing my belly in front of the tree.
Oh, how I wish I was going back here this winter.....Connor doesn't think we should put this ornament up again after this year. ;)
We even had eggnog for supper. Let the holiday season begin!

1 comment:

Lee Anne said...

I think it would be easy enough to add another snowball to that ornament!

I love the shot of Connor kissing the baby. So adorable!

One more thing checked off the list! Don't you love coming home and having that glow from the tree? I always miss it when it's time to take it down. Seems so bare.