Wednesday, July 15, 2009
It's scary...............
Lately Jacob is going through this "scared at night" stage. As I think back, it started after we had that bad storm and were under tornado warning/watch. Ever since then at night time he gets freaked out and scared. He says things like, "Monsters get me, There's a bad storm, It's scary, ....". He gets upset as soon as we say it's bedtime. He needs someone to snuggle with him for a while and he holds on tight, he wakes up in the middle of the night many times screaming, and sometimes he'll even sprint, and I mean sprint into our bedroom because he's scared something is going to get him on his way. I hope he grows out of it. I'm not sure what to do about it. The other night we were saying our prayers and he happened to glance under Connor's loft and said he saw some eyes. I had to turn on the lights to show him. I know kids get scared at night (actually Connor didn't go through this phase), but Jacob's is a little extreme. I guess we'll just have to go with it, try to help him, and hope it comes to an end soon. Any suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry, girl! Neither of my kids went through anything like you describe. Anytime they talked about stuff like that we assured them there is no such thing, they aren't real, so there is no way anything can "get you".
Noah is very afraid of storms though. Gets very freaked out, especially tornadoes.
Post a Comment