This is a very random post, but I've been asked a few times lately where I get some of my ideas from for my posts and blog. Yes, some of them are my own ideas, however many of the ideas I have gotten from other people. I wanted to have a post and give credit to those people that I have used ideas from. I think it's so important to do that. One of my pet peeves is people not giving credit where credit is due - why wouldn't you want to thank some one and make them feel good?
Ok, so to start. The reason I even blog would be because of my friend Wendy. Her blog is the first one that I started reading. From the beginning I was doomed with this addiction. I was so entertained by her blog, and was in awe of her. I remember going to a jewelry party with Wendy and telling her how awesome it was that she blogged, I didn't know how she could do all that, and how I would never be able to do it. HA!
I got the idea of switching my blog layout and design from Dawn. She had the cutest design awhile back when she first started and I loved the fact that is was different and that she would keep changing it. Her blog is one of the next couple that I started following.
I have gotten quite a few blogging ideas from Tonja who now has a private blog. I love reading her blog and came across it randomly last year while searching for meal plans (the want to be organizer in me wanted to plan my monthly meals). For some reason it sent me to her fun muffin tin meals and I was hooked from then on. She helped me with the photo collages that I sometimes post and I got the idea of Thankful Thursday from her also (and a ton of the other blogs from her favorites).
I actually cannot tell you who I got the music, Lilypile for the boys' birthdays, and collage ideas from. I would go to a blog, and then click on one of their favorite blogs, that lead me to another blog, etc...I guess that's sort of stalkerish isn't it? ;) I just know that I found them on other blogs. It's amazing what you can all find out there.
I'm sure I will be using Lee Anne's tributes idea soon. You have to go back in her archives to read them. I LOVE how she wrote entries about people in her life, like her boys, mom, and mom-in-law. I wanted to do it for the boys' birthdays, but decided that it's already a special day ( and I just didn't get to it). I'll pick another special day to do it on. I also follow Pioneer Woman because of her. LeeAnne and I have a photography connect....sort of.
I also like Kristin's Smilebox idea. She has made some cute ones. I'm sure I'll come around to using them sometime also.
Thanks to all of the ladies out there, many who I have not mentioned, who have such wonderful ideas. I love this blogging world.
I found a really cool site that you can use to turn your blogs into a book....I will share more details soon. It's very cool and I'm already addicted. ;)
There's nothing better than sharing the wealth and learning from each other.
Blog on ladies, blog on...
2 comments:
Thanks for the shout-out! It is quite addicting isn't it.... all the blog reading and finding of creative things people do. It's fun! You inspired me to start this by reassuring me that it was very easy. And you were so right! Wish I had done it when my kids were littler....but at least it's happening now! So thanks for that!
Oh, and I am not giving you credit because of this post. It just was too ironic that your post was about that and you were the one that started me doing the very thing I was reading! Just too impossible not to mention.
I knew you were going to think that it was the reason I thanked you. It wasn't. I should have mentioned that in my post.
Post a Comment