Monday, April 20, 2009

Conformity

Well, we did it.
We conformed.
We gave in.
From the start I was thinking that this was Connor's first year of soccer, and he's only 5, or 5-1/2 like he reminds us often. I knew he needed shin guards and Matt got those from work. However, we figured his "sketchers" that he thinks make him so fast would be good enough for this first year.
Well, we got to the scrimmage on Saturday and EVERY kid except Connor (OK, and one other) had soccer cleats. He actually didn't say anything about it until we did, and he added his little, "Yeah, everyone else has them." He wasn't complaining though, just making a simple observation. Well, tonight we gave in and bought him a pair of cleats and the really cool socks with shin guards in them (at least they weren't too expensive, but come on). Way to stay strong mom and dad!

I was getting the boys ready for bed and Nolan was naked lying on the floor. The phone rang, so I got up to get it and while I was talking to Matt the boys were chasing each other around the house naked and spanking butts. All of a sudden Nolan stops and runs into the bathroom........and pees on the floor. Ha. I wasn't even upset about the mess because of the fact that he knew he had to pee in the bathroom......is this the start of potty training for him? He'll probably be potty trained before Jacob will. ;)

3 comments:

Just SO said...

Those are some cool cleats! This is why I dread when my kids want to really get into sports. It's all the accoutremon that comes with the sports that worries me.

Portraits On Broadway said...

A word of advice regarding the built in shin guards.....keep some baby powder on hand. Those things are near impossible to put on if the feet are at all sweaty or even damp!

Lee Anne said...

We really should talk before every season starts. I have so many pairs of cleats and STILL had to buy for Connor this year because I didn't have his size (but had three of the sizes below him!).

If you do T-ball....talk to me! :)

And I know they are young, but they really do slip and slide all over the grass without those shoes.