Sunday, December 14, 2008

Visitor at the Ginskey house...and goodies

Friday night Connor noticed a package outside our front door and noticed right away it was addressed to "Connor, Jacob, and Nolan Ginskey". They opened it and found that Santa had sent them a visitor to help keep an eye on them. Connor named him Elfa, and everynight this little elf magically flies back to Santa to update him on the Ginskey family and then reappears the next morning in a new hiding place. The boys have had a blast looking for him every morning - though Connor says he's too easy to find (might have to work on that one...). The first night I saw Connor put his hands on Jacob's shoulders and say to him, " Jacob, don't jump on the couch, Elfa is watching!". HA! It's the cutest thing and I know we'll have fun with it throughout the years. After Christmas Elfa flies back to the North Pole and comes back to visit us next year, etc... (I just have to rememeber to hide it in a good place, but make sure I remember where!) Check it out....Elf on the Shelf.(Thanks to Tanja for the great idea)


Saturday Mom, Kristin, and I did some baking and made lots of yummy goodies. We've done this a few years now and hopefully this continues to be a tradition. The one downfall of this is that we end up eating way too much of it! The guys and the kids all hung out too. It was a fun day and I love that we do this. Next Saturday we're getting together with some of the ladies from my mom's side to make Kolaches. My grandma (both grandmas actually) used to make them all of the time. Hopefully this is a new tradition also.



Saturday night Matt and I met my good friend Shelly and her boyfriend Ryan at Buca's. We finally got to meet this great guy and I am so excited and happy for them.

1 comment:

Lee Anne said...

You had a busy weekend! Sounds like it was a lot of fun. And you got some "date" time. Awesome. Wish I had known about your elf idea a couple years ago. I have a feeling my older one is on to the "magic" if you know what I mean. He would never admit it though!

And check out my blog, I TAG you! Fun little thingy.

See you bright and early tomorrow!