Saturday we were at our godchild Kylee and her sister Kayla's birthday party at their house (my cousin Lynn's girls). We had a great time. Connor was the only boy his age or older among 7 girls. He wanted to play with them, but they were typical girls. They didn't do anything wrong at all, they just weren't too sure about Connor playing with them. We tried to keep him occupied. I finally started playing kickball with him (actually just me pitching him the ball and him running around the bases) and the girls decided to join us. Connor was in heaven that they wanted to play with us! The boys seem to have bad reactions to bug bites this year. I don't remember it being so bad last year. A couple of weeks ago Connor had a humongous goose egg on his head from a couple of bites. Here is a picture of Jacob's forehead with 2 bites from the birthday party.

Sunday morning we got a call from Matt's mom telling us that our nephew Carter (Matt's sister Angie's son) was in the hospital and diagnosed with meningitis. How scary. We said many prayers for him. Connor said a special one in church for him and called Carter in the hospital. We talked to Angie later that day and Carter was able to go home and the doctors are pretty confident that it is viral and not bacterial. They're waiting to hear back from the doctors, but things look promising. I talked to Angie today and she said Carter is doing much better. Again, how scary to go through that. It puts things in perspective.
I'm embarrassed to say that Sunday my mom and I took the boys to the beach in town here for the FIRST time. We have never been to the beach here. It's free and fun! The boys had a blast and the water was great! An absolute blast! We are going to go there many more times this summer while the water is still clear!! Why have I not done that before? You get caught up in the whole water park thing.


Sunday morning we got a call from Matt's mom telling us that our nephew Carter (Matt's sister Angie's son) was in the hospital and diagnosed with meningitis. How scary. We said many prayers for him. Connor said a special one in church for him and called Carter in the hospital. We talked to Angie later that day and Carter was able to go home and the doctors are pretty confident that it is viral and not bacterial. They're waiting to hear back from the doctors, but things look promising. I talked to Angie today and she said Carter is doing much better. Again, how scary to go through that. It puts things in perspective.
I'm embarrassed to say that Sunday my mom and I took the boys to the beach in town here for the FIRST time. We have never been to the beach here. It's free and fun! The boys had a blast and the water was great! An absolute blast! We are going to go there many more times this summer while the water is still clear!! Why have I not done that before? You get caught up in the whole water park thing.

Today the boys and I met my cousin Katie and her girls and my cousin Jenny and her kids at Oxbo park by Byron. We try to go there at least once a year, again free fun! We were looking at the deer and we got a final count of 7 babies. Connor yells, "That mom and dad deer must be busy!" We all laughed (of course he meant busy taking care of all those babies all day long!). We got caught in the rain and it added a little extra excitement.




Jacob will tell us when he has a PU (dirty diaper), and when we ask him and he doesn't have one, he is now automatically telling me someone else has a PU. Usually he tells me "Nolan PU", but today he told me our cat, "Teddy PU". (He's also told me that daddy and Uncle Natey have had PU's)
We had a first today. Jacob colored on the wall. We never experienced that with Connor. I almost wish Connor would have prepared us for some of what Jacob is teaching us! ;) My brothers and I were just joking about how Mattey and I paved the way for Natey so that he had an easy road with our parents.
Connor thinks that Matt and Kristin's baby is going to be a girl and that they should name it Rina (which is short for Ballerina because it's too long for a name). Add that name to your list Matt and K!
Connor had swimming lessons today and has them every day for the next 2 weeks. People must think I'm absolutely crazy. At the pool today I'm chasing Jacob and Nolan and trying to keep them occupied, trying to carry on a conversation with one of the other parents, and trying to watch Connor at the same time. I had a vision of me being one of those parents who has kids running around everywhere and not being able to control them and other parents just "hmpffing" at me (I know that's not a word, but you know the sound and thought I'm talking about - the whole disapproving thing!). I really do try!
We had a first today. Jacob colored on the wall. We never experienced that with Connor. I almost wish Connor would have prepared us for some of what Jacob is teaching us! ;) My brothers and I were just joking about how Mattey and I paved the way for Natey so that he had an easy road with our parents.
Connor thinks that Matt and Kristin's baby is going to be a girl and that they should name it Rina (which is short for Ballerina because it's too long for a name). Add that name to your list Matt and K!
Connor had swimming lessons today and has them every day for the next 2 weeks. People must think I'm absolutely crazy. At the pool today I'm chasing Jacob and Nolan and trying to keep them occupied, trying to carry on a conversation with one of the other parents, and trying to watch Connor at the same time. I had a vision of me being one of those parents who has kids running around everywhere and not being able to control them and other parents just "hmpffing" at me (I know that's not a word, but you know the sound and thought I'm talking about - the whole disapproving thing!). I really do try!



No comments:
Post a Comment