Friday night we grilled out. The weather was awesome! The boys love coloring on this white board that daddy hung up in the garage. Uncle Natey came over and we grilled steaks and played outside. I'm not sure who had more fun, Uncle Natey and daddy, or Connor and Jacob. Close call. Jacob is really starting to talk finally. His 2-3 word phrases are getting great. The tubes really seem to be helping. It's such a relief. Connor was up to his typical rhyming and being silly. I wonder if his love for rhyming has anything to do with the fact that Matt used to read Dr. Suess books to my belly when I was pregnant with him. Interesting coincidence!
My mom and I went and had a pedicure on Saturday morning. It was divine! I can't remember the last time I had one of those done - boy could you tell by the shape my feet were in. Yuck! Connor had a great swimming lesson. We're so excited that he's finally loving the water and getting more brave. Then we had a baby shower for my cousin's wife and stopped by the cemetery to visit grandma Skala and grandma Ebeling's grave for mother's day. Matt went into work Saturday night so that he wouldn't have to go in today. What a guy huh?


Today we went to church, and then Grandma and Grandpa, Matt and Kristin, Natey, and the five of us went to go get our flowers from Donahue's in Faribault. That place is a zoo! It didn't open until noon and we got there a few minutes before and we couldn't
believe the line outside the locked gate. We were joking about it feeling like the morning after Thanksgiving shopping! I'm surprised no one got ran over or knocked down!
We then went to eat at Boston's and ate way too much food. After eating, we came home and all planted our flowers. Well, actually mom helped Kristin and I plant ours. I also worked on our garden and got that planted with the help of everyone. I can't wait.
believe the line outside the locked gate. We were joking about it feeling like the morning after Thanksgiving shopping! I'm surprised no one got ran over or knocked down!We then went to eat at Boston's and ate way too much food. After eating, we came home and all planted our flowers. Well, actually mom helped Kristin and I plant ours. I also worked on our garden and got that planted with the help of everyone. I can't wait.
As you can see I received some beautiful and thoughtful gifts from Connor. He's just like me with giving gifts, it's so hard for me to wait. He would bring things home last week from school or Mary's and give them to me little by little. You know I will keep each and every piece. I've started the bins already! He was so proud. He was such a big helper all day too. He was getting tired while we were working on my big flower pots and I told him he could go play. He told me no and that he was helping me with everything I did today because it was Mother's day. He wasn't lying either. He helped me with all of my pots and then with the garden. He finally asked me, "Are you done with everything you want to do today mommy?" I told him yes, and he ran off to play! I got a great card from the boys. I am super excited, Matt surprised me this morning with tickets to "O" - Cirque du Soleil show when we go to Vegas in June. I have been wanting to see one of these shows for a long time now. Thank you to everyone for all of the wonderful cards, gifts, and Mother's day wishes. I am very very blessed and fortunate. Hope all you other mother's out there had a great day also.
I feel so blessed to be a mother and cannot put into words what I feel for my boys. It's amazing what motherhood does to your outlook on life.
Thank you to my mom for being who she is and for making me who I am also! Thank you to Matt's mom for bringing Matt into this world! Happy mother's day to you two special women!


No comments:
Post a Comment