Connor received his first reconciliation Wednesday after school. They have been preparing for this for quite some time now. I love that they are able to do it in school and anytime they want. I hate to admit it but I’ve learned a few things myself. It has been longer than I want to admit since the last time I went to confession. ;) It’s been wonderful going through the process with Connor. He is such a sincere, caring boy who worries and wants to try to do what’s right. We had a conversation one night in bed and he admitted to me that he was really nervous. We talked about it, and I tried to comfort him and reassure him that there is nothing to be nervous about. Come to find out the next day after he has this big smile on his face as he comes into my classroom that the reason he was nervous was because he thought it would be a 2 hour or so session in front of other kids. ;) His teacher must have reassured him also. If I would have known that was what he thought I would have educated him. ;) I was just glad he was relieved. In fact he was so relieved and confident that he said he wanted to do it face to face (you have the option of doing it face to face with father or with a partition between you).
The afternoon that it actually happened he was a little nervous, especially because there was a priest there that he didn’t know. He was hoping he wasn’t going to get him, but as luck would have it, he did. He took one big look at me as he walked into the room and I gave him a huge reassuring smile.
He came out of the room with the biggest smile on his face. It was awesome. He came up to me and gave me a big hug and said “That was awesome mom! I feel so good now”.
It was a proud mama moment. I’m so glad he had the experience he did.
Now we’re on to First Communion. Second grade is a big year!
No comments:
Post a Comment