Connor gave a Saint presentation in school. He chose St. Matthew after his middle name. He did a great job. Again, I am so fortunate that I am able to go see all of these things now. I absolutely love that.
We had conferences for the boys. Matt is gone for a work trip, so I went to them. I was so pleased with what I heard. All three boys are doing so great. Makes this mama relieved to know that they behave out in public. ;) Epsecially Jacob and Nolan who seem to always be up to soemthing at home.
We started Nolan in speech last week. He had an evaluation a couple of weeks ago and the therapist said he has what is called an articulation disorder (fancy way of saying he isn't pronouncing some sounds!). We had his first session (with a different therapist - both have been great) and he did awesome. She said he will probably only need about 6-10 sessions depending. He catches on quickly, works really hard, and works at correcting himself. It's so cute to see. I know I wouldn't mind going to speech...they get to play all sorts of games while he's working. It's wonderful. We get homework every week to work on with him. He actually loves it. When we get home from school Jacob and Connor get going on their homework right away and now Nolan loves that he has some too. Hopefully it will help. They are having a hard time understanding him in school and I can tell it makes him sad. We don't have a problem with it because we like to say we all speak "Nolan" and now know what he is saying. However, I would hate for him to have difficulties as he grows up.
Lucas is doing a lot of talking these days. He knows how to let us know when he is happy and not so happy. Some of his favorite and cutest words right now.... remote, ball, car, bus, connor, mama, dada, grandpa, grandma, Team Umizoomi (which is more like oomi), No, More, All done, apple (bopple), Bubble Guppies (bubba), thanks mama (ay mama). He is into repeating things. He also knows his animal sounds and is learning his colors.
He loves making animal sounds, doing anything and everything his brothers do (and they absolutely adore him), he loves and gets thrills out of being a stinker (he has this little gleam in his eye when he knows he's doing something that he shouldn't do or he's playing around), he LOVES music and loves to dance. It's the cutes when he sings parts of songs.
Hard to believe in 2 months we will have a 2 year old.
No comments:
Post a Comment