Sunday, May 22, 2011

Weekend fun

Saturday morning we were supposed to have soccer again, however games were cancelled from 10 am on because of the weather (we have had so many cancellations this year). However they still had the Elks soccer shootout. The boys love doing this for some reason. I think Nolan did the best out of the three of them actually, he is going to give those older two a run for their money and keep them working.




101_1474_1509




101_1475_1510







Then we went to Kelsey (and Kristin) and Diane’s dance recital. Kelsey is in a mommy and me class this year so Kristin got to dance with her. Diane teaches at the studio so we got to see her choreographed dance and she also danced with the other teachers. The boys really enjoyed it and were mesmerized for most of the recital. I was really surprised. Even Lucas couldn't’t take his eyes off the stage the first half. Way to go ladies, all three of you did GREAT!!!!


101_1478_1513_edited-1 copy




101_1480_1515




101_1483_1517 copy




101_1484_1518 copy




101_1489_1523 copy









We went to a park to kill some time before going out to eat. Kristin’s brother’s family also joined us for dinner.


(Seriously…. this lady has got to be one of the coolest grandma’s around!)101_1490_1524 copy












Connor sang in the church youth choir again today. Their last time for the summer. Then my mom and I and a couple of aunts and cousin, headed to another cousin’s wife’s baby shower in Plainview.


After the baby shower I headed over to a graduation party of my team member’s son. These are the two lovely ladies I get to teach with every day. I am very blessed.


101_1493_1508 copy copy





Two stories from the weekend.


Yesterday at dinner, the guys were talking about how there has been all of this buzz about the end of the world supposed to be happening yesterday at 6pm. It was in our paper, and everywhere you looked. Well, Connor was listening very intently. The poor kid already thinks too much, so you can only imagine what was going on inside that little head of his while hearing the guys talk. He got really quiet and then a little teary eyed. He even brought it up a couple of times again. He asked me what time it was supposed to happen. What the guy was talking about? How did he know? He even told me he was a little scared. However, when we got home and 6:00 had come and gone….he had a big smile on his face and said, “Mommy, that engineer scientist guy didn’t know what he was talking about…he must have done his math wrong or something”. However, he did want to snuggle a little more than normal. He woke up this morning and mentioned again how wrong that guy was.





Today in church Nolan wanted me to hold him. He points up to the priest and asks me if he was God. I said no, but he is kind of in charge of the church. I could see he was thinking and braced myself for more questions.


"Where is God then?”


“Well, he is up in heaven remember?”


“Where is heaven"?”


Trying to put it into 4 year old terms, “It is up in the sky.”


“Does he live in a castle?”


“Yeah, he does”. (I suppose right?)


“Who is that bad guy again?”


“What bad guy?”


“The bad guy, you know….God is the good guy, who is the bad guy?”


“Do you mean the devil?”


“Yeah, the devil. Does he live next to God’s castle?”


Oh man….. “No, he lives really really far underground…..”


“Like where there is hot lava….”


“Yeah, like where there is hot lava”.


A big smile came on his face. “So when you are good you go up to God’s castle and when you are bad and mean you go down to the hot lava with the devil?”




Close enough right? For a 4 year old, that’s a pretty good understanding of the concept. ;)







Life is good.

1 comment:

Lee Anne said...

Oh, I hate those conversations because I never have all the answers! I don't want to get it wrong!!

Missed you at the party! She lucked out on the weather. I thought for sure they would get drenched.

You had a busy weekend. Won't it be nice when our weeks are slow and we can ENJOY a busy weekend and not have to worry about work? Man, I love what we do.