- Lucas got his first haircut for the wedding. He sat still (with my help) and did pretty great. He looks like such a big boy now.
- He also had an eye doctor appointment last week. He is down to 250 which is half of what he was at when we first started taking him. The doctor said he is still obviously farsighted, but things look great. No need for glasses yet. Woo hoo. I am so relieved….
- We let our 5 butterflies free. The boys really enjoyed watching that life cycle.
- Nolan tried on his tux Thursday night for the wedding to be sure it fit and was so excited he asked if he could sleep in it. ;)
- I got a call yesterday, Monday, about 1:30 saying that Jacob was in the nurses office with pink eye. I went to go pick him up and the nurse told me that Connor was just there and she had him go get his stuff so that he could come home with me also. Fortunately I had Lucas’s 15 month appointment scheduled so I figured I would bring all the boys with me to get them checked out. Sure enough both Jacob and Connor had pink eye (Connor’s was so bad his eye was swollen shut this morning so he stayed home for the day), go figure Nolan had strep throat (he was complaining about his “neck” hurting so I asked her to check him out also and the strep test came back positive), and Lucas is still getting treated for double ear infection. I was joking at work that I couldn’t even make something like this up, it’s too funny. We have all four boys on some type of medication at the moment.
- At Lucas’s 15 month appointment. Things looked good.
He weighs 22 lbs 8 oz, he is 32.3 in tall, and his head is 19.3 in around. He is low in his weight, tall for his age, and not surprisingly has the Ginskey big head!
He waves bye bye. He gets a second wind right before bedtime and loves to be silly with daddy. He EATS all the time and everything. He is a huge snacker (yet it’s funny that he is only in the 20th% for weight). Last night at dinner one of the boys didn’t push his salad bowl in far enough on the counter and Lucas pulled it down. Luckily it didn’t break, but this is how I found him.
He yells at the cats if they are doing something they shouldn’t be doing. He is a great snuggler still and I love that. He can follow a few simple commands like, “Come on buddy”, “Put it away”, “Shut the door”, “Bring ________the _______ “ (when you want him to bring someone something). He LOVES to clap for himself when he does something right or good. He dances in his car seat when he likes the song or the music is really loud by kicking his feet and babbling.
- Guess who decided he wanted to play soccer tonight? Yep. Jacob! We couldn’t believe it. All ride home from daycare and during supper he kept saying he didn’t want to go to soccer. Matt and I decided though that we didn’t want him to just quit, that wasn’t a good message to send, but we were OK with him just going and sitting and watching his team. Well, we got there a little early tonight and Jacob was kicking the ball around. When the rest of his team came he joined right in and played in the game. I couldn’t believe it. I was so proud and HAPPY! However, it was funny….we got in the car and I told him how great he did, how proud of him we were, and how fun it was to watch him out there. I asked him if he was going to do it again next time. He said, “Well, I don’t know. I’ll think about it.” Oh well, I’ll take what I can get. Woo hoo!!!!! Double Woo hoo!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment