
ur 14 month old...
loves the book Elmo is So Big...and from that has learned how to do the following three things:
1. Loves to play peek a boo. He'll put his hands up on his face....and keep looking through his fingers. It's so funny. He giggles though
2. He puts his hands in the air and does "so big".
3. He waves and says "bye bye"
He bounces or his version of "dancing" when he hears music or kicks his feet in the car to the music.
He is still obsessed with the remote. He also loves the Wii remote and holds it in his hand likes he's racing (just like his big brothers) a car. He catches on to things they do way too quickly. In fact, today he caught on to how to stand on the Wii fit balance board (picture below) because the boys were playing that. Lucas would go right up to them and try to push them off it so he could stand on it. The big boys would just laugh.

He is very demanding....with lots of...."uhs", and pointing, and hands up to try and tell us what he wants.
He eats like a horse. I cannot believe how much he puts into that little body. He likes almost everything too.
He still climbs up things and on things like he's a monkey. He's so proud of himself when he pulls himself up on the couch to sit by someone.
He brings so much joy to the family (well, obviously all the boys do), but it's so fun for all of us to play with him, watch him grow, and just enjoy life with him. It's really neat to see the older boys interact with him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On a side note...
We had the family birthday party for Jacob and Nolan on Saturday. I will post tonight but have quite a few pictures to sort through.
We had an eventful week.
Jacob got his stitches out. It looks good. Again, was such a trooper. You could tell it hurt a little becuase he would flinch and his eyes watered, but he was trying to be so tough. I had the other three boys with watching.
Just as the nurse was going out to get treats for Jacob and of course his brothers, Lucas threw up all over me, himself, the chairs, and the floor. I got him to the garbage for a little bit of it.
(To back up a little bit: I went home with him on Thursday because he got sick at daycare, but he seemed fine all day. No throwing up or icky diapers. We took him back to daycare on Friday, and when I picked the boys up she told me that he still had something because he had a few really explosive and icky diapers). We headed to get Jacob's stitches out after this.
The nurse was amazing....very calm, not grossed out at all, we put my coat and Lucas's coat in a garbage bag, she gave me a blanket to cover him up with.....it was a very interesting situation.
We got home....changed clothes, gave Lucas a bath, and I rocked him to sleep. He slept the rest of the evening until Saturday morning. He slowly came around at the party and was much better by Sunday.
I also gave Jacob and Nolan their first "home" haircut, while Matt and Connor went to the Huskies basketball section finals game (Go Huskies - they made it to state!). I asked for a haircutting set for Christmas and finally got enough guts to do it. I know lots of people do this already. I've been wanting to learn how to do this for awhile now. As you can imagine, 3 hair cuts - not to mention 4 when Matt is in the mix, and eventually will be 5 with Lucas - can cost a lot when you keep their hair short and they need it like every 6-8 weeks. Their hair grows crazy fast. I definitely can use some practice and improvement, but for the first time they turned out not too shabby. It's kind of fun!
Connor decided to give up a few things for Lent this year, all on his own. He chose to give up the Wii and candy. I could not believe it. What a grown up thing to do, I told him that's more than many adults would do. He even gets excited about and wants to come help me a the soup suppers we do on Wednesday nights. Connor, I am so impressed and proud of the young man you are. I worry once in awhile that you are too grown up, but then am reassured when I see you get goofy and silly like a first grader should. I am relieved! ;)
Have a great week everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment