Saturday, February 5, 2011

Our house is being overtaken by Connor's Lego creations he is making for Matt's work.

Nolan reading to Lucas...


It's been a busy week, but with nothing too exciting.


Saturday Jacob had a birthday party. I had been gearing him up for it all week long. He is our shy one and has trouble warming up, but once he does....he goes all out. He had a blast picking out the present and was all talkative and excited during the whole drive there. However, we pull into the driveway and it's a whole different story. He started freaking out. Truly. He's crying, saying he's shy, saying he thought we were ALL going to go.....not to mention the kids from the party come running out of the house to say hi to Jacob and are all excited to see him. Jacob stayed tucked in his car seat with his face hidden. I did not know what to do, and was mortified. I felt so bad for Jacob, and felt guilty for getting upset....but I was. His emotions change so quickly.... I would say we are going to go home and he would say no, he wants to stay. I would tell him to come out then and we'll go check the party out and he said no he's too shy. I tried to stay patient.......

Anywho, to make a long story short after about 30 minutes of trying to get him to come out, telling him we'll stay for a little bit and Jacob refusing, we drove home. He was in the back seat sobbing so hard he could hardly breathe or talk, and telling me he was sorry, that he's just shy.....

Plan B....I called my parents and they were able to come over to watch the other 3 boys so Jacob and I could try again, just him and I. We drove back to the house (at this time there was only only about an hour and 15 minutes left of the party, but I wanted Jacob to experience it and so that there weren't any issues with him and his friends. He has this little group of 4 boys that he is a part of that are just the cutest. They love sports, and Jacob comes home every day talking about the other three.

It was perfect timing because we pulled up and the gang was heading outside to go sledding. It was an easy transition and Jacob just jumped right in with them. I stayed while they were sledding, and then when they went in for cake and ice cream I left for a little bit so Jacob could be on his own. When I picked him up he was a completely different kid from that sobbing, anxious boy before the party. He was beaming and couldn't stop talking about it all while we drove home. He actually told me, "Mommy, I'm glad I decided to go to the party". The things we do for those darn kids..........
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday we had the St. Mary's School open house. We got to see classrooms and teachers. We went to Connor's classroom, Jacob's possible classroom next year, and Jacob's room this year which will be Nolan's room next year. Did you follow that? ;)
We also had breakfast and we got to see the new addition to the school. They are hoping to be done in March.

Monday and Tuesday brought conferences for me. Long days and nights.

Thursday evening we had a taco supper supporting a preschool for some friends of ours.


Friday night I had my work holiday get together.

Today we had basketball this morning, the boys and I went to lunch at McDonald's, and now we're going to go put a movie in and cuddle on the couch.

~~~~~~~~~

If you remember me mentioning that there are a couple of girls that say they have a crush on Jacob. Jacob has been really curious about what the word crush meant. My first definition to him awhile back was "to like someone". Well, Jacob said that he knew what crush meant....and that I had a crush on all of them (Jacob, Nolan, Lucas, Connor). I told him I sure did... in a way.


Connor then chimed in with his correction right away and told Jacob that a crush was a little more than just liking someone like a friend. I told them that I had a crush on daddy. They just all smiled and got embarrassed about that.
Well, Matt and I were a little "crabby" with each other one night and as I was backing out of the driveway, I got stuck in part of the driveway that hadn't been plowed. Matt had to come out and help me.....we shared a few looks and comments that could have been nicer. He got me out...and when I got back into the van Connor said to me, "Um...mommy? I'm guessing you don't have a crush on daddy at the moment".

No comments: