Sunday, January 23, 2011

PAAAAARRRRRTTTTTYYYY!

We had Lucas's birthday party on Saturday. Lucas is a very loved and lucky boy.

The party was a little more chaotic and unorganized then most, but it was a long and busy week leading up to Saturday (I think I might be getting sick also). I was not happy with my cake, the games were a little weak, and I didn't take pictures of things I wanted to and didn't think about it until late. (my camera --- ugh....it got tangled up in Lucas as I was carrying him and it dropped. I haven't spent a lot of time on it, but as of now can't get it to open. I’m going through withdrawal already and not sure what I am going to do without a camera. Our old one isn't working either. Plus, our coffee maker and wine opener broke...just not our weekend for appliances and electronics.)

We had a great day though, it's always fun getting together to celebrate.

We ate and played ....

Collages3

Yes, I used black frosting for Mickey's cake....come on people...Mickey Mouse's ears and body are black.....you can't use some other color. That's why baths were invented.

100_9915 copy

Lucas 1st birthday Jan 111

Lucas was very very spoiled.....opening presents was CRAZY!!! Oh my goodness. Talk about a bad environment for someone with ADD.....there were 4 older kids that wanted to help him open, it was fast, it was loud......Lucas didn't do much of it, but he didn't seem to mind or know the difference. ;) He had a blast playing with all of his new toys with everyone after though......

100_9871_edited-1 copy

Collages1-1

Everyone was a great sport about playing Pin the Nose on Mickey. Again, I forgot to take pictures while the kids were doing it, then Connor got the camera and became the photographer for me. Thanks everyone.

Collages1

There was so much going on that I completely forgot to take pictures of Lucas with everyone like I usually do until Lucas was ready for bedtime.....so needless to say I did not get pictures of Lucas with Nana, Grandma Doreen, or Papa John and Yaya ....PLUS.....Lucas was not all that excited about it...

Collages2

It's all about just going with it right......? I feel like I'm a pretty flexible and a just go with it person, however I also like things to be perfect and go just like they should - meaning cake perfect, food yummy, everyone having a good time and enjoying themselves...etc.. (if that makes any sense)........not so much the case today or in fact, pretty impossible that it will go that way anymore....our life is just one big CHAOS. I'm getting to be OK with it. ;) ;) Maybe I can learn from Lucas - he just hangs out, goes with the flow, and acts silly. Good way to go through life if you ask me. ;)

Thank you to our families, who rock, for making it a special day. Happy Birthday Lukeyman. We sure enjoyed celebrating YOU (and we'll keep on celebrating)!

No comments: