We've been working all week on Connor's Valentine's for school. I totally stole this idea from a blog I used to have time to follow (These are a Few of My Favorite Things). It's what Connor decided he wanted to do after we talked about some options. Aren't they cute? We just cut above and below his hand and put a blow pop through it so it looks like he's handing it to you. We had fun making it. Mary at daycare always has a party too. It was quite a process having all three boys fill out Valentine's for the kids at daycare. Our table was full of pencils, Toy Story, Lightning McQueen, and Sports Valentines, and candy. Patience was a virtue. 

Friday Kelsey came over to play with us. Mary, our daycare provider and Kelsey's got sick. We had a blast and played, played, played. Kelsey has become quite the talker and dancer lately. She's got a few favorite dance moves and loves to repeat us when we're talking to all of the boys and say anything with "boys" in it. She'll say, "come on boys, bye boys, or just ...boys...". It's so darn cute.
Friday night I was able to get together with some friends from high school. It was so fun to get together with them and to get some "me" time. Not to sound selfish, but I haven't had some of that in awhile. I didn't stay out too long because Matt just got home from Germany and I had to feed Lucas, but it was still a lot of fun. Hope to get together with them again soon.
Saturday night I made this squid for supper out of hot dogs and noodles. I got the idea from Family Fun (LOVE this magazine). The boys had a blast playing with them. I told them it's one of the only foods we will be able to play with at the table. :)
We unfolded it once and read: Wait it better be Feb 14.

and finally: Happy Valentines Day, oh and sorry I put you though all that stuff.
Wouldn't be a normal post if I didn't post a picture of this little man.
Friday Kelsey came over to play with us. Mary, our daycare provider and Kelsey's got sick. We had a blast and played, played, played. Kelsey has become quite the talker and dancer lately. She's got a few favorite dance moves and loves to repeat us when we're talking to all of the boys and say anything with "boys" in it. She'll say, "come on boys, bye boys, or just ...boys...". It's so darn cute.
Friday night I was able to get together with some friends from high school. It was so fun to get together with them and to get some "me" time. Not to sound selfish, but I haven't had some of that in awhile. I didn't stay out too long because Matt just got home from Germany and I had to feed Lucas, but it was still a lot of fun. Hope to get together with them again soon.
Saturday night I made this squid for supper out of hot dogs and noodles. I got the idea from Family Fun (LOVE this magazine). The boys had a blast playing with them. I told them it's one of the only foods we will be able to play with at the table. :)
I had to post this. Connor made Matt and I a Valentine during some free time at Sunday School. We laughed and laughed at it. Pretty clever.
Let me translate: To Mom and Dad, Don't open until Feb 14.
We unfolded it again and read: If this isn't Feb 14 you are in big trouble mister.
Wouldn't be a normal post if I didn't post a picture of this little man.
So I think I have posted about our struggle with Nolan and potty training before. Ugh...this summer he was so excited and we thought we were on a roll. Well, he majorly went downhill and wanted nothing to do with it. We would put him on the toilet and he would fight it like crazy. We tried it all - rewards, bribes, etc.... I'm not proud of it but we even used the whole "big boy or baby" tactic, especially now with Lucas here. However, that was a huge mistake and I regret ever saying any of that (yes....bad mom). He really struggled with that and I know it made him sad and bothered him. I vowed to never use that again.
Yesterday I felt like being patient. ;) I asked him if he wanted to wear big boy underwear.
He got all excited and put on a pair of Jacob's. We talked about what he has to do if he feels like he has to go (I sort of figured we would have a few accidents, but was prepared for it). Sure enough a little later, he looks at me and stands up with pee running down his legs. SO....we went into the bathroom and cleaned it up and put on a new pair. We talked about what that felt like and how he has to try to run into the bathroom before it does. A little later.....he looked at me again and said, "Sorry mommy, I peed". We went back into the bathroom and cleaned up. This time however I put a diaper back on him and said he has to wear the diaper until he goes on the toilet so we don't have to keep changing clothes. I told him that if he tells me he has to go and we make it to the bathroom in time he can put underwear back on. Sure enough, he runs into the bathroom screaming, "I have to go poop!"....and he did - IN THE TOILET! He was so excited, as was I! We did the little toilet dance and put on another pair of underwear. Progress. Well, he wore a diaper today to church, but did go potty on the toilet. We'll see where this goes.....

1 comment:
You did not have to translate that Valentine, I could totally read it! What a funny kid! I love how he tried to be all tough and then said he was sorry!
I had the smae issues with Connor and potty training him.....your recap brought it all back to me! I remember VIVIDLY having a talk with him one night (after feeling quite guilty) and saying I was not going to scold him anymore, I was not going to get mad anynmore, I was not going to say anything anymore and he just needed to tell me when he was ready. To be honest, I don't know how long after that he started doing it on his own, but I do know that it made for a much happier household. Now he's almost 7 and I can't even remember stuff about it!
We miss you here at WC! But, dont' rush back. After the morning I am having.....I might have to get hang it up!
Post a Comment