Sunday, January 24, 2010

Vikings game

The Vikings played tonight for the division championship. I'm sure most of you watched it, so I don't need to go into detail. However, I will say this....I'm still in shock. We HAD it......so close.....UGH.

It was Lucas' first football game/Viking game. Everyone got decked out of course. Connor was so pumped. He even took a nap so that he could stay up for the whole game. He was so happy to know that Lucas had something to wear.

Connor and I were on the edge of our seats the whole game.
When the game was over, we had a very sad Connor (I was sad myself). He was bawling, big crocodile tears. He was so sad and bummed and just sat there snuggled up with me.
All of a sudden he got up and whipped off his jersey, his hat, and his necklace and threw them on the ground.

Matt and I tried our best to keep our laughter and smiles in. We had to have a little chat - it's OK to be sad and bummed, but the anger part I will not put up with. He is definitely his father's son when it comes to that. Matt used to get so upset and angry when it came to sports (once in awhile still.....). He got a kick out of it....and funny how things come around full circle. ;) ;) By the time Connor went to bed he had calmed down, but was still sad. Very sad. Maybe next year, huh?! ;)

1 comment:

Justin and Jessica said...

We were bummed too with the Viking loss. :( However, Jordyn's reaction was a little different ... she wasn't mad, she was still blowing kisses to Brett Favre. She loves him! If we tell her that Brett is on tv, she blows kisses. I think we'll hope he returns next year, or she might be throwing her jersey on the floor!