Anywho, if you can imagine fat ol' me taking 3 little boys into the clinic and trying to keep them occupied so they aren't thinking about the shots, you can get a good laugh. Connor got a little teary eyed, but he was very brave. Jacob was a trooper the whole time, telling me that "shots hurt just a little bit mommy". Nolan kept asking if he was getting a shot, but never showed any worries until we started walking to the room.
When they called us back, he actually stopped and started walking backwards telling me, "I no get shot, I no get shot".
I had to pick him up and walk into the room. They all sat down on the chairs looking nervous as can be. The nurse came in and asked if I wanted the boys to get the H1N1 shot or nasal spray. I asked the boys if they wanted to get two shots OR one shot and one spray in their nose. Connor right away said, "Nasal Spray!", Jacob said, "Two shots" (but he obviously didn't understand, so Connor gently helped him understand how much two shots would hurt!). Nolan still wanted nothing to do with it.
It was decided that we would do the flu shot and the H1N1 spray. The nurse asked who wanted to go first, and.......absolute silence! Connor finally looked at Jacob, looked at Nolan....sighed....and said "I'll go first! I'm the big brother". I was very proud. He got on the table, squeezed my hand, let out a little "ow" and a few tears, and got down. Jacob and Nolan looked a little scared at this point. Jacob was next, got on the table smiling at me (I'm thinking to myself how that smile was not going to last long), let out a little scream and a few tears, and got down. At this point, Nolan is crying already (not a good idea to be the last one) and fought me as I picked him up. He would not lay on the table. The nurse had to pin down his legs and I had to pin down his upper torso (and he is one strong cookie) - it was awful and I felt so bad.
He got the shot, cried quite a bit, and kept telling me "my shot hurt" for the rest of the night.
Then it was time for the spray, and that went much smoother - just a couple of sniffs.
It was quite an adventure I tell you. We had to go to Wal-Mart to get a few things, so I let them each pick out a treat for being brave. I think I should have picked one out for myself also. ;)
Here are a few shows the boys are into. We have most of them tivoed. It's perfect because they watch it in the morning while getting ready and waiting to go and they watch a little bit of one before we go to bed sometimes.
Tom and Jerry (started out as just Connor, but now they all three love this show and laugh hysterically!) It's interesting that this "old" cartoon is back.
Dora (Nolan and Jacob right now)
The Polar Express
Hotel for Dogs
No comments:
Post a Comment