Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Another sign of growing up...

I got to Mary's today to pick up the boys and Connor comes running up to me and gives me a huge hug. He walks me to the house and gets something out of his backpack. With a HUGE beaming smile, he hands me a baggie with his tooth in it. He was so proud and excited and could not stop smiling.

He told me that he was waiting for the younger kids to wake up from nap and he told Mary that his tooth was so loose. She suggested that he go into the bathroom and just try to pull it out with a kleenex. Sure enough, he did just that. He pulled it out ALL BY HIMSELF. I think he was most proud of that. I was so surprised to hear that he did it by himself because he's been a little nervous to do it, or for one of us to do it. He's been working on getting it loose since the end of July.

He asked me if he could pick what we had for dinner to celebrate. He chose hot dogs. ;)

He had to call many people to share the good news and we had to stop at Grandpa and Grandma's.

Grandma suggested he just give the tooth to them so they can keep it because he wouldn't get it back if he gave it to the tooth fairy. He said no, he'd like the money. ;)) Greedy little guy!

He wasn't feeling very well before bed (along with Jacob - we'll see what the morning brings), so he actually chose to go to bed early. We read his book from school, talked a little, said our prayers, and I tucked him in. A couple minutes later he comes out and says, "Oh my gosh, we forgot to put my tooth under my pillow". Oops. Good thing he remembered. I was so wrapped up in his not feeling well and taking care of that, that I completely forgot about it.

We'll see what the tooth fairy brought him in the morning! ;) ;)

Yeah Connor!

No comments: