Sunday, July 26, 2009

What a weekend....

My dear friend Shelly got married this weekend and I was fortunate to be her personal attendant. Shelly is such a giving, thoughtful, positive person it was so wonderful seeing her so happy, and having a day all about her! She was a beautiful bride and it was a picture perfect day. So much fun. Congratulations Ryan and Shelly!

We were fortunate to have Natey and Diane watch the boys for us Saturday for the wedding. Sunday after church and breakfast Mom and Dad, Natey and Diane, and the 5 of us went out the the Litomysl festival and then to the water park. Jacob and Nolan are maniacs in the water. Jacob wanted to keep going down the slide and both of them could have stayed in the water all night. It was a great day.

Sunday night I got Connor going in the shower and then went to go get the other two munchkins going in the bathtub. I'm washing Jacob and Nolan up and all of a sudden hear this crying. Then I hear this panicked, "MOM"!!!! I ran into the shower to find Connor squatted with his pinky in the drain. With his big tears he tries to tell me he can't get his finger out. Seriously, I almost let out a chuckle, but that would be the mean thing to do. I know I shouldn't have, but I asked him what he was trying to do. He didn't know. We twisted and twisted and finally I just had to yank it out. He lost a couple of big chunks of skin and was bleeding pretty badly. We dried him up and got him all bandaged up. He looks at me and says, "I don't ever want to talk about this again."
Well, ...that was the end of that conversation. I think someone was a little embarrassed. In fact, when Matt came in from watering the lawn and flowers he asked what happened to Connor's finger. Connor told him to ask me about it. hehe

No comments: