Wednesday, February 11, 2009

We're home!

Wow, what a wonderful trip we had. Well, I had atleast. I know Matt enjoyed the time that we had together, however he had to work ALOT of the trip, so I know not all of it was as enjoyable for him. It was so good to get home and see these lovely faces and fall down from such hard hugs and kisses.

Back to reality today with teaching. It was fun being back in the school, seeing the kids, talking with my coworkers, but man.....wouldn't mind being in Germany still!

We had an incredible last day on Monday when we took the train to Fussen (on the boarder of Germany and Austria) and then took a bus to Schangua to see the castles. It was a picture perfect day, with beautiful setting. In my opinion I thought the snow setting, versus seeing everything green, was even better. More pictures and stories to come, I didn't have time last night because it was all about the boys (and we were exhausted!).

For those of you who are not familiar with the Backyardigans, it is a cartoon where these characters go into their backyard and have an imaginary adventure and their backyards turn into whatever the setting of their adventure is.

"Mom, I know why the Backyardigans are called the Backyardigans!"

"Why?"

"Because they play in their backyards and they do it again and again....get it....the Backyard...agains?!"

"Good thinking! I bet you're right!"

Mom did such a great job of taking pictures and updating us with the little things said or done while we were gone. She had to email me my marriage license to make my journey home go more smoothly with my passport and she put this in the email: Tonight while snuggling....I told Connor and Jacob that I'm glad mommy and daddy are coming home but I'm sure going to miss them. Jacob grabs my hand and says "I miss you"....Connor says, "I will miss you a little...but am glad mommy and daddy will be home." Gotta love that."

It's good to be home.

No comments: