Saturday, February 28, 2009

Night in Uptown

Tonight for my dad's birthday(which is Monday) the "adults" went out to eat at The Uptown Bar and Grill, then the ComedySportz club, and then to Stella's for a drink - obviously all in Uptown. We had a great time. The drinks, the food, the laughs, and the company were all superb!

My mom's "three egg" veggie omelet. We could not get over the size of this thing . Come on, seriously only three eggs?


Sorry dad, had to put this one on here! His birthday shot!

I need to quick mention our babysitter Megan on here. She is incredible. Most importantly she is so good with the boys, they love her, AND....not that it's a big deal but the house is always straightened up when we get home. In fact tonight...two things happened - while I was opening the applesauce jar it exploded and applesauce went everywhere including all over me. I quickly went to the bathroom to get it out of my eyes, and change and by the time I got back she had cleaned up the kitchen. Second, I was washing the boys' blankets, but it didn't finish before I left so I asked Megan if she wouldn't mind throwing them in the dryer. (I hate to mention this but like many times, there were other clothes in the dryer already that I hadn't folded yet). We came home to find that she had folded the clothes from in the dryer. Is she not amazing?....worth every penny! Not to mention it was a long night- from 4pm - midnight. We are so fortunate, and it makes going out, spending adult time, so much easier when you feel completely comfortable with who your kids are with.

1 comment:

Lee Anne said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Always fun to get out as adults. You started your weekend well..