Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Hope everyone had a great Halloween!
We did! It seems like we were counting down the days until it was here for forever, and now it has come and gone. Nolan was a monkey (or an "ah ooh ooh" like he calls it), I bought the costume at a rummage sale for $2.00. Jacob was a lion (or a "rrrrooarrrr" like Nolan calls it), Yaya made this costume for Connor a couple of years ago. Connor was a skeleton, Yaya made the costume for him this year - it was awesome! The boys got way too much candy, and ate a good amount of it tonight already. I'm surprised they went to bed before 9:30 with all of the sugar in them. Nolan got more chocolate on his costume than in his mouth I think. If you watchthe slideshow I think he has a piece of candy in his mouth or in his hands in EVERY picture - half the time it's the only way I could get him to take a picture. Connor had his school party yesterday, a small friend party last night, the boys had a party at daycare today, and Connor had another party tonight at a friend's house from 7-9pm. It was pretty cute, he was so excited about it, but bummed we didn't get too much trick -or -treating in. When I came to pick him up from the party he looked so exhausted and partied out.

Last night we made the candied pretzels you see in the slide show. It brought back many memories of when I used to make candy with mom for Christmas. Connor did a great job and Jacob actually wanted to help. We haven't tried them yet, we'll let you know the final verdict.

Halloween was definitely not the same without daddy.

No comments: