In addition to some of the pictures and stories below we also read so many books, planted apple trees in our yard (well, actually we started them in a pot becuase who knows where we'll want them when they eventually get bigger), and we watched the movie Waterhorse.
Thursday morning we made ghost pancakes for breakfast. Connor was snuggling with me watching cartoons and I asked him if he could move for just a minute while I used the bathroom before I made breakfast. I came back to find Connor walking around the living room. I asked him what he was doing and he said "you told me to move for a minute while you went to the bathroom". I couldn't help it but I started laughing and he got all embarassed and a little angry. He had a very confused look on his face. It was too funny - he took me literally. All I wanted him to do was move off of my lap.
After we ate the pancakes Connor said to Jacob, "Jacob the ghosts are saying...leeeetttt mmmmeeeee ouuuuuttt oooofffff heeeerrrreeee!" Jacob thought it was hilarious and laughed for quite awhile. Connor is so amazing with Jacob and Nolan. He is constantly helping them out, translating sometimes for us when Jacob is talking, he gives in to their "toddler" tantrums, ...I could go on and on. Now, what Jacob and Nolan will be like as 5 year olds is a whole different story! Can't wait to see....Jacob's new thing is when you ask him any question he has to add this "ummmm ahhhhh...." before his answer like he's really contemplating what to do. Nolan's new thing is when he wants my attention, and really wants it, he pushes on my legs yelling "MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA". It's pretty funny.


We did a few science experiements and we worked on some crystal projects. Here are some before and after pictures of the crystal jungle that we made.




Thursday evening we set up our big tent in the living room. Matt was working late so I put it up all by myself -it was a pain in the butt. What we do for our children! ;) We even set up our "campfire" and everything. All three of the boys fell asleep in it, however when Matt came home we moved Nolan to his crib. I was in the tent when they all fell asleep, but went to bed in our bed when Matt came home. However, Connor woke up in the middle of the night and came into our room, "Mommy, why aren't you out sleeping in the tent with us? I thought we were camping out together". So, I headed back out there - needless to say I did not get a very good night of sleep! But it was fun!!!!!!!!

This is either a really cute picture or a really sad and pathetic one. The boys were all playing on their computers. ;)

Matt spoiled me and bought a mantle for our fireplace for my birthday. I am so excited to finally have a place to hang our stockings from this Christmas! We haven't decided what exactly to put on in yet. I'm sure it will be filled with pictures like everything else in our house!
We went to the apple orchard this afternoon. What a beautiful day. It was kind of a spur of the moment trip, fortunately grandma was able to join us. We had a blast and ate our fill of apples, and a carmel apple. The boys love apples and will eat them whole anytime.
After the orchard Connor made us homemade pizzas for dinner.

After the orchard Connor made us homemade pizzas for dinner.
Matt has had to work a ton this past week and this week. He had to work all weekend. Fortunately for us my parents watched the boys Friday night, so we could go out together. Something that hasn't happened in awhile! We went out to eat at Torrey's and had a great meal and great conversation. It was very nice. He leaves for a 2 week trip to China and Hong Kong on Sunday and has to get the pricing done for the catalog before he leaves. He's feeling pretty stressed out right now. He also has OBA (the traveling baskeball team) tryouts this week Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evening. We miss daddy alot right now and will miss him a ton while he's gone on his trip. Two weeks is a very long time....especially for 3 little boys and a mommy. Even his trip to Europe last winter wasn't that long. It will be interesting. I'm extremely jealous that he gets to take these trips (that are mostly work) to these great places in the world and I don't get to go with him!
It is Kristin's first day back to school tomorrow and Kelsey's first day at daycare. She is going to the same one that the boys go to. The boys were so excited for that. Connor said he was going to help take good care of her. Yesterday he told me "It's a good thing that I'm at school during nap time (as if a baby was going to be on the same schedule as all of the toddlers there) because then I'll be gone while Kelsey is sleeping and won't miss her."
Here are a few of Connor's made up jokes to leave you with for a great week. He gets on a role and thinks he's so funny!
Why did the donkey go camping? Because there was no power in his house.
Why did the watch talk to the wallet? Because he wanted some money.
Why did the blueberries talk to the blueberry bush? Because they were both blue.
Why didn't the skeleton cross the road on the green light? Because it didn't have any legs.
Whether you laughed or rolled your eyes...have a great week!



No comments:
Post a Comment