Monday, July 21, 2008

Mall of America

Friday night we finally watched We Are Marshall. Good movie. Matt got suckered into an internet deal trying to get a free phone (because he still hasn't gotten one from when he lost it in Vegas) so we now have Netflix. He wasn't too into it when I mentioned something to him about it awhile back, but we now have it! We won't go into any more details! ;)


Saturday the boys and I made it to the last park/playground in Owatonna that we hadn't been to (Wilson Elementary). It was our goal to go play at every playground/park in town. Then we went to the Blast, one of our favorite places) for ice cream. Of course we had to have Freezies later on that day also.




Sunday we met Papa John and Yaya at the Mall of America. The boys went on the rides in Nickelodeon Universe (old Camp Snoopy - I think it's been through three names now) and then Connor went home with them for his sleepover. The boys had a blast on the rides. Connor even went on a couple of the big roller coasters with Papa John. Connor, Jacob, Papa John, and I went on the Log Chute and of course I was the one that got wet (not bad at all, but the only one).





Jacob, Nolan, and I got home around 8ish, we took baths, and got ready for bed.
I was thinking Connor would probably want to call us because of some of our conversations we had previous to the stay with Papa John and Yaya. However, 9:00 passed, 10:00 passed, and I just figured he was so wiped out he went right to bed. Matt and I just got into bed and the phone rang at 11:00. Connor was a little sad and said he wanted to come home. I knew he was just so exhausted. Night time is the hardest when you're not at home in your own bed at that age. At the moment I think he really thought he could come home. I was trying to talk to him and calm him down, but he was so tired, he was yawning, crying, and trying to talk at the same time...."I ....just...yawn.......want.....to come.......home.". Luckily I was pretty tired and fell asleep easily, otherwise I would have been up all night thinking about him. He called this morning right away and sounded tired, but great. He was excited about the adventures to come for the day. We'll see how tonight goes!

No comments: