I stayed home from work today with Nolan and Jacob and icky diapers still. My excitement for the day was when Jacob's diaper was finally solid! Yippee. More information than you need to know, I know. Sorry. They both are in great spirits, they just keep exploding. I've washed sheets, changed clothes, and given baths way more than I want to for a long time. Like I mentioned in an earlier blog, I swear Jacob has grown up and changed so much just in the last week. He is so happy, lovey, responsive, and repeating everything you say. It's so much fun. Nolan's just having fun copying his older brothers (major monkey see, monkey do going on at the Ginskey house), he will definitely give them both a run for their money.
We had coed softball tonight, so grandma and grandpa watched the boys. When we came to pick them up Connor was in a baseball hat, cowboy boots, and a vest. They were playing catch with the stuffed animals. Wish I would have had my camera! As Matt was putting the boys into the car, Connor and him were talking about full names. This discussion continued the whole ride home. They were talking about how Jacob's middle name is David and that's grandpa's first name, and that somehow lead to last names and that my last name used to be Skala. We then got into a whole conversation about how the woman's last name sometimes changes to the husband's last name when they get married and we went through a bunch of examples for him. His response was "Oh, that makes sense!"
He then tells us that we (as in Matt and I) are going to get married again tonight. Matt said "Oh, really - and how would we get married - what do you do?"
Connor said, "You kiss each other and give each other roses." (wouldn't that be nice and CHEAP if that's all we had to do to get married!)
Matt replies "Oh yeah, what else do you do?"
"You kiss each other, give each other one rose, and hold hands and turn around."
Too funny. I wonder where he got those ideas about getting married from.
He also told us as we were getting into the car that he's not tired and has infinite miles of energy still.
No comments:
Post a Comment