
Friday was Connor's preschool graduation and MC (Mommy Connor) day. I took the day off to spend it with him, however at about 8:30 am (as I'm doing laundry at my mom and dad's again) Matt calls me telling me that I have to go pick up Nolan from Mary's - he had a temp and really icky diapers . He has had terribly runny and gross explosive diapers (Jacob and him still had them today actually), so I picked Nolan up and headed to Connor's school. It was so cute, they sang a bunch of songs (Our computer is on the fritz again, but when it gets fixed I hope to download some video from it), walked out with their caps and gowns (Connor didn't get a cap because he's in preschool again next year), got certificates, and then we had ice cream.


I was dreading having to tell him that we would have to do our MC day another day because Nolan was going to be home with us. We're sitting down eating our ice cream and I told him everything. He looks up at me with this sad look and this big sigh, "Ok, Nolan can come with us, but it doesn't make the day very special".
My heart broke.....We were lucky because daddy and grandpa came to the
rescue. Matt took off until 1 and grandpa took off from then on, so we could still have our day together. Once we finally got things figured out we started the day off with "exploring" the Nature Center across the street from our house. I had never taken Connor in there before - it's so cool and we were in there for over an hour.
Then we went for a short bike ride and took Nolan to grandpa's house so he could take a nap. We went and picked up lunch from
McDonald's and ate it outside at the Blast (ice cream shop). We finished it all off with some ice cream and coloring in his new notebook with his new paint pens from grandma and grandpa. What a great day! We talked about anything and everything too. Here are some random thoughts by Connor:
When I asked him what he thought he wanted to do when he got older he said probably a doctor because he was so smart. OK, so someone doesn't have a big head! ;)
When we came out of the Nature Center I checked him over for ticks. He asked me what ticks are, so I told him. A few minutes later after being able to think about it he asked me what would happen if a tick sucked all of a person's blood. I went on to say that we have too much blood for that too happen, but if someone needs new blood they can get it from the hospital because people donate blood. He asked me what donate means, when people actually need new blood, and later in the day he asked how people get the new blood in them. Quite the conversation that became.
While we were eating ice cream he said it's a good thing that it's not too warm or bugs would stick to our ice cream. (What?) Then he asked me what would happen if we ate a bug or if a bee stung our tongue.
Today I've been changing diapers right and left. If it wasn't Nolan, it was Jacob, and vice versa. On the way home from church Jacob started screaming, clinching his body, and pointing to his stomach. We have some sort of bug going around that's for sure. Connor's stomach has been off a little bit - I just hope he and I don't get it too. On a positive note, Jacob sat through all of church today and did AWESOME! We normally have Nolan and him stay in the nursery because they are so busy. May was our month to work the nursery, but being Memorial Day there were no kids, so I thought I would try bringing Jacob and Nolan up with us. Like I said, Jacob was incredible -he's finally growing up (not that I want him to grow up any faster, but those of you that knew Jacob as a baby......;) )and I had to take Nolan out because all he wanted to do was talk and walk! Oh well, you can't win them all. Little by little huh?! Matt was at Mattey and Kristin's house all day putting up sheet rock. They're finishing some rooms downstairs to make room for Baby Skala upstairs!
No comments:
Post a Comment