I guess at daycare Connor and his good buddy Dominick have been "picking" at each other lately. They truly love each other so much, but Mary said that they bicker and are mean to each other sometimes. It's funny because Connor will always be thinking about Dominick in the morning when he picks out something to bring - does he have one for Dominick, will Dominick like it, etc...? Mary said she thinks the fighting is about Hailey sometimes. (If you remember the post about Connor wanting to buy a princess movie in case Hailey comes over - that Hailey) Are they really fighting over a girl already? I think a lot of it is just the age and testing the waters on things. Connor goes to school 3 of the 5 mornings and comes back to Mary's while all of his buddies are having their school with Mary. I think it sometimes bothers him that he's not included, but he's the one that gets to go to preschool. Anywho, yesterday at lunch I guess Dominick leaned over to tell Hailey something and Connor started to kick Dominick in the butt (Connor has some thing about hitting and kicking butts right now). Mary asked him why he did it and he said he didn't know why. At daycare the rule is "don't do something if you don't know why you're doing it", so he had to stand in the corner for a little while and think about why he did it. He didn't have an answer for her all day. I asked Connor about it in the van on the way home and he told me "People just don't know why they do stuff sometimes, mom." We read our books before bed and Matt tucked the boys in. I went to go check on them a little while later and Connor asked me if I knew what our new rule was. I told him I didn't, so he proceeded to tell me that daddy and him talked about if Mary tells us that he was naughty during the day (and it didn't count for little things) then we wouldn't get to read a book or watch a show before bedtime that night (Connor loves his stories, so that would definitely make him sad). I said "Oh, ok, and what do you think about that?" He replied "I think it's very fair mommy!" Glad he thinks our rules are fair. ;)
I forgot to write earlier that on the way to an auction this weekend (family neighbors when we used to live on Butternut Street until I was in 9th grade) Connor decided he wanted to say the alphabet backwards. We did, and I am embarrassed to say he did awesome and it seemed easier for him than it was for me.
Random thought - but it's been consuming a lot of my time at night lately. In the last couple of months friends have passed on some caringbridge sites ....and I am in awe of these families' strength, faith, love, and determination. I am drawn to checking them daily. Their stories bring tears and smiles and constantly make me think about my faith, my life, my boys, and my family. It reiterates every day for me the fact that it's important to be thankful for what I have, to take in and cherish the moments and small things, to make sure the people that I care for and love know it, and that when I think things are bad, there is always someone going through something worse than I am. My worries and stresses are minuscule compared to these stories. Here are a few of the sites if you would like to check in on these little angels and keep their families in your prayers. These people are amazing and going through so much, it makes me wish I could save the world.
Madelaine http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/madelainestoen
Ella Hope http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/ellahope
Lauryn http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/laurynfreundl
Miley http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/mileyahrens
No comments:
Post a Comment